Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Day 2 - 5:30am....say what??!!

As I mentioned in my first blog, one of my goals was to work out in the morning 3 days a week.  People at work were talking about 3 days not being enough, but you know, for someone who hasn't worked out in...a long time...3 days a week is a great goal.  PLUS, back when I did get fit and trim, I did that on an aerobics class that happened only 2 days per week.  Ok, I'm older and my metabolism isn't reved as high, I'm still sticking with my 3 days for now.  If at some point during this 8 week journey I want to add more workouts, then I will. 

Today, I got up...at 5:40 and got my gear on to work out.  I did the same cardio workout as on Sunday.  It's hard to get up, it's hard to exercise - it's just hard, but I have a goal.  I did it!!  YES! 

I've read that working out in the morning has benefits - it kick starts your metabolism, I'm burning calories before I even intake any for the day, and gets the endorphins flowing.  However, there is a downside - I crashed about 9am today.  I gave in and had a 1/2 of a 20oz bottle of Diet Coke.  Once I got over that hump, I was great for the rest of the day.

Today I:
Exercised
Ate within my calorie amount
Drank my water
Blogged

1 comment:

  1. So as I was saying....Is there a caffeine alternative that you can use that won't give you a feeling of cheating or giving in to temptation? Good job on only having half a bottle diet coke. As a Mountain Dew junkie, when I want that "fix" my mind goes on auto-pilot and all thought processes fly out the window. Kudos to you for being conscientous. Stay strong, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete